|Our Services and Resources|
The Westmoreland County Historical Society fulfills its mission by using our unique resources to offer a variety of services:
The Westmoreland County Historical Society is dedicated to advancing its mission by forming collaborations and partnerships with other public and private organizations that share the Society's philosophy and mission. We work to promote interest and knowledge of our area's past and cultural heritage in order to instill in our county's citizens a sense of pride in local history which may act as a foundation for future success.
- adult, children, and family programs on a broad range of historical topics
- a 5,000 volume non-circulating research library of genealogical and local, county, and regional materials
- a 700,000 item archives collection
- a curatorial collection
- educational materials via outreach to schools and teachers
- a tri-annual journal Westmoreland History and other occasional publications
- research services related to genealogy and county history
- management of Historic Hanna's Town, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This has been done in partnership with Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation since 1969.
- programs at Historic Hanna's Town
- maintaining Historic Hanna's Town's archaeological collection of over 1 million artifacts